Harbour Plaza Hotel Management Limited ("Company")
Personal Data Statement to Customers ("Statement")
This Statement is to inform the customers of the policies and practices with respect to the collection, use, retention, disclosure, transfer, security and access of personal data adopted by the Company and the owners of the hotel properties managed and/or operated by the Company in accordance with the Personal Data (Privacy) Ordinance Cap. 486 ("Ordinance") and applicable data protection laws. References to "we", "us", "our" or "ours" in this Statement are to be construed, depending on the context, as referring to those properties or entities collectively or severally.
- From time to time, it is necessary for customers to supply us with data in connection with the provision of goods and/or services.
- Failure to supply such data may result in us not being able to provide the goods and/or services.
- The customer agrees that any personal data with respect to the customer or any other party which has been provided by the customer to us ("Personal Data") may be disclosed and transferred to the following persons who shall hold, use, process, retain or transfer such Personal Data for the purposes mentioned in paragraph 4:
- any agent, contractor, credit provider, financial institution, service provider or professional advisers of ours or any other person under a duty of confidentiality to us;
- any of our holding companies, their subsidiaries and any company in which the same has a direct interest ; and
- any actual or proposed assignee or transferee of ours.
- The customer acknowledges and agrees that his/her Personal Data is provided to and retained by us for the following purposes and for other purposes as shall be agreed between the customer and us or required by law from time to time:
- the provision of any goods and/or services to the customer;
- the analysis, verification and/or checking of the customer's credit, credit history and payment;
- the ensuring of the customer's on-going credit worthiness;
- the processing of any payment instructions, direct debit facilities and/or credit facilities requested by the customer;
- the determination of the amount of debt owed to or by the customer and/or the processing and/or collection of amounts outstanding from the customer and those providing security for the customer's obligations;
- the preparation and enforcement of any agreement between the customer and us;
- the meeting of the requirements to make disclosures under the requirements of any law; and
- any other purposes relating to the above.
- We intend to use the customers’ personal information (including their names and contact details) for use in direct marketing of the news, offers, services, promotions, events and other information in relation to our hospitality businesses. We may not so use the customers’ personal information without the customers’ consent or indication of no objection. We will always ask for the customers’ consent or indication of no objection before using the customers’ personal information for direct marketing. Customers may always opt-out from receiving our direct marketing communications by following the instructions in the relevant communications or contact us directly at email@example.com.
- Under and in accordance with the Ordinance, the customer has the right to:
- check whether we hold any Personal Data with respect to the customer;
- access such of the Personal Data which we hold with respect to the customer;
- require us to correct any Personal Data which is inaccurate;
- ascertain our policies and practices (from time to time) in relation to the Personal Data and to be informed of the kinds of the Personal Data held by us;
- right to withdraw consent to processing the Personal Data;
- right to erasure of the Personal Data;
- right to restrict data processing;
- right to object against profiling;
- right to data portability; and
- right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority (where applicable).
- In accordance with the Ordinance, we have the right to charge a reasonable fee for the processing of any data access request. Any request for access to the Personal Data or correction of the Personal Data or information regarding policies and practices and kinds of Personal Data held should be in writing and addressed as follows:
Harbour Plaza Hotel Management Limited
22 Tak Fung Street
Attn: Personal Data Administrator
Customers can also send written requests regarding access to the Personal Data or correction of the Personal Data addressed to the Sales & Marketing Administrator at the individual hotel property managed and/or operated by the Company.
- We will destroy the Personal Data when we no longer need it for the purposes for which it was collected and generally we will not retain the Personal Data for longer than 7 years after the completion of the relevant purposes for which the data was collected.
- This Statement has been translated into different languages. If there is any inconsistency or ambiguity between the English version and the other versions, the English version shall prevail.