Harbour Plaza Hotel Management Limited ("Company")
Personal Data Statement to Customers ("Statement")
This Statement is to inform the customers of the policies and practices with respect to the collection, use, retention, disclosure, transfer, security and access of personal data adopted by the Company and the owners of the hotel properties managed and/or operated by the Company in accordance with the Personal Data (Privacy) Ordinance Cap. 486 ("Ordinance") and applicable data protection laws. References to "we", "us", "our" or "ours" in this Statement are to be construed, depending on the context, as referring to those properties or entities collectively or severally.
1. Like many other websites, we record customers’ visits automatically through cookies, which are some small data structures sent to customers’ computers to record their visits to our official website and to identify them during their future visits. Customers may refuse to accept these cookies by activating such setting on their browsers. However, if customers select the cookies refusal setting, they may be unable to fully experience certain features of our websites.
We may also collect information regarding customers’ IP address, browser type, domain name and access time. This information is used for our own research purposes. As it is not linked to any personal information, it is separate from customers’ personal data.
2. From time to time, it is necessary for customers to supply us with data in connection with the provision of goods and/or services. Failure to supply such data may result in us not being able to provide the goods and/or services.
3. Customers will be asked to confirm their acceptance of and/or consent to the terms of this Statement when making reservations or otherwise communicating with us via this website or as required under applicable laws. Customers’ use or access of this website will also constitute deemed consent/acceptance of the terms of this Statement.
Where a customer provides personal data of third parties (e.g. names and contact details of the customer’s family members or friends for reservation purposes), the customer acknowledges and confirms that the customer has obtained the relevant third parties’ consent to provide their personal data to us.
4. We collect the following types of personal data from customers for the purposes mentioned in paragraph 5 below:
5. The customer agrees that any personal data with respect to the customer or any other party which has been provided by the customer to us ("Personal Data") may be disclosed and transferred to the following locations or persons who shall hold, use, process, retain or transfer such Personal Data for the purposes mentioned in paragraph 5 and on a need-to-know basis:
6. The customer acknowledges and agrees that his/her Personal Data is provided to and retained by us for the following purposes and for other purposes as shall be agreed between the customer and us or required by law from time to time:
7. We intend to use the customers’ personal information (including their names and contact details) for use in direct marketing of the news, offers, services, promotions, events and other information in relation to our hospitality businesses. We may not so use the customers’ personal information without the customers’ consent or indication of no objection. We will always ask for the customers’ consent or indication of no objection before using the customers’ personal information for direct marketing. Customers may always opt-out from receiving our direct marketing communications by following the instructions in the relevant communications or contact us directly at email@example.com.
8. Under and in accordance with the applicable data protection laws, the customer has the right to:
9. In accordance with the Ordinance, we have the right to charge a reasonable fee for the processing of any data access request.
Any request for access to the Personal Data, correction of the Personal Data or information regarding policies and practices and kinds of Personal Data held by us or any request in relation to the customers’ rights under paragraph 7 above should be in writing and addressed as follows:
Harbour Plaza Hotel Management Limited
22 Tak Fung Street
Attn: Personal Data Administrator
Customers can also send written requests regarding access to the Personal Data or correction of the Personal Data addressed to the Sales & Marketing Administrator at the individual hotel property managed and/or operated by the Company.
10. We will only retain the Personal Data for so long as necessary to fulfill the purposes for which it was collected and for the purposes of satisfying our legal, accounting or compliance-related requirements.
To determine the appropriate retention period, we consider the amount, nature, sensitivity, the potential risk of harm from unauthorised use or disclosure of the Personal Data, the purposes for which we collect/process the Personal Data and the applicable legal requirements.
11. This Statement has been translated into different languages. If there is any inconsistency or ambiguity between the English version and the other versions, the English version shall prevail.